Happy New Year! It’s a little late, but here are some of my goals for the upcoming year, many involving books and writing, and a couple not.
- Get an Agent. Yeah, just…yeah. Holidays have caused me to slack a little in my agent researching efforts, but I’ll put more effort into it now that I have some non-family time.
- Finish Rough Draft of New Novel. I’m pretty close with that one.
- Polish Up Draft of Another “Finished” Novel. I’m waiting for when I take a break between drafts on the previously mentioned novel, and also for returned comments from some of my readers that I sent this novel to.
- Catch Up On Reviews. I’m a little behind on my Fandom Post reviews, which I feel guilty about, but if I give myself a couple of weeks I can catch back up.
- Complete My Goodreads Goal. I always give myself a high number, 100, because I read a lot of children’s books and graphic novels. I want to make it this year, possibly by allowing myself to count picture books I read while I’m at work.
- Read More Nonfiction. Memoirs, nature books…some good true stories that don’t read like I’m in a classroom.
- Read More Graphic Novels. You’d think I read plenty enough of these, but sometimes I really do feel like I’m out of the loop on too many things.
- Finish the Couch to 5K Program. Maybe even run an actual 5K this year.
- Find a House. That we can afford, of course. That is the trick.
- Go on a Trip. Not just to the Cape, which we do anyway, but to someplace I’ve never been, like Montreal, or maybe California. (I’d love to plan a trip to Japan above all, but again, affordability.)
Those are some goals from me. What do you have planned for this year? Let me know!
This was written as part of Top Ten Tuesday (yes I know it’s Friday) on The Broke and the Bookish.