I’m writing this post ahead of time, but hopefully when this goes up I’ll be walking to the beach and enjoying the sun (or holed up in a movie theater because, crap, it’s raining). But as of this days-earlier moment, I’m packing up my bag, including the separate one I put aside for all the books I bring.
Whenever I’ve gone on a trip, meaning more than a couple of days, I feel the need to bring what even I admit to being an excessive amount of books. I once filled an entire backpack with books for a week-long trip to Maine, and while there I still bought more. This is only for about 5 days, but I’ve still got an empty duffle bag ready to be filled with books I will maybe want to read probably not. I’ve tried to rein myself in, but really, I’m a lost cause.
So far, here’s what’s going in the bag:
- The Book Thief Assuming I don’t finish this wonderful, amazing, how-have-I-not-been-reading-this book by tomorrow.
- Bone: Volume 1 Because a graphic novel needs to go in the mix.
- The Bell Jar I like to drag along a classic, and I’ve never read this one before.
- Great Expectations For some reason I am having issues reading the last 5% of this book.
- Handling the Truth An interesting memoir craft book, even though I don’t know that I’ll ever write memoir.
- Bobcat and Other Stories Because short stories.
- Anansi Boys I’m on a Neil Gaiman kick.
- Mental Floss Because magazines.
- Manga I am way behind on my reviews.
Will I find more things to bring with me? Probably. Do I need them? Nope. All I can say is, thank goodness for traveling by car.